Thursday, June 13

Hola. I have a job. And a job interview. At the same place. I really don't know what's going on. Today was the first day that I was the only remaining temp at the 4imprint gig. It was ok. Not quite as full of humorous stories of getting dru-unk as when I was working with J & J, but still pretty good. I have e-mail now, but they won't let me look at the internet (except for the 4imprint intranet site, which is nice). And this wonderful e-mail allowed me to receive a meeting request for an interview with the woman who is technically already my boss for tomorrow afternoon. I wonder what would have happened if I had turned it down. Anywho... I can't decide if it's something I should be stressing about or not. I am a little concerned about what I should wear. It's complicated. Normally, I have handy interview suits, and there would be no question. However, it's been casual all week at work, and Fridays are always casual, and I already work there, so I know that. Plus, I have to work for almost the entire day before I actually have the interview, so you see why the suit really wouldn't be appropriate. BUT - what kind of person wears jeans to an interview (for a job that they actually want)? I could wear my nice linen pants, but they're brown and I don't really have any nice shoes to wear with them. Man, it's hard to be me. On top of all that, I don't know if this is a real, "we're going to grill you", kind of interview, or if it's a formality and I already kind of have the job in the bag, assuming I don't stink or chew gum tomorrow. Do I bring another copy of my resume? References? Donuts? I'm seriously lost.
Did I mention that I had to watch the training video that I overheard four times in the last six weeks today? Here's some helpful information that will cause you to not sound stupid when talking to your 4imprint customers: embossing is raised, while debossing is pressed into the material. Here's a helpful way to remember: Embossing is elevated. Debossing is depressed. To which Julie said, "oh... poor debossing. Maybe it should get some counseling." Funniest thing she said ever. I nearly fell asleep. Then we looked at golf balls. I really do think I'll like this job, though. Despite all the golf equipment. Seriously. So much crap for golf. Whatever.
I'm going to go now so I can catch up on some zzzs and worry about clothes some more. Wish me luck or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home