Monday, May 6

What a day, what a day. Work seemed to drag on forever... I guess we all had a case of the Mondays. Ha ha. But hooray for me! Tomorrow afternoon will be filled with interviews with (it seems like) everyone who I could ever possibly encounter if I would get hired for the copywriting job, including an interview with the woman I already interviewed with?! Wish me luck.
This morning after I had set up tomorrow afternoon I had to call Cadre and let them know that I wouldn't be available to work tomorrow pm, due to the interview things. My ever-so-helpful Cadre lady asked when the interviews were starting, and I told her 1:30... her response was, "So you can work until like 1 then, right?" Ummm... no. No, I'm going to eat lunch (with Roxy & Ronda, hopefully). Oh... so when do you think you'll be able to work until? Noon. Noon is the correct answer.
So where are you interviewing?
Well, 4Imprint, actually.
Oh... and is this something you've done yourself?
(Is there another way to get an interview?) Yeah. I had my first interview here for this position before I started the temp thing. (So you can't collect on it, nanny nanny boo boo.)
Oh... that's great. Well, good luck.
Yeah. Thanks. Bye.
You get the idea. I love those people at temp agencies so much. Just enough of an education that they think they can be condescending while at the same time realizing that we know that they know they work at a temp agency - permanently. Suckers. *humpf*
So I should go so I can iron the clothes I'm planning on wearing tomorrow. Have to make a good impression, you know. Impression, at 4Imprint. That's almost funny. The people in the training room next to us are new and are learning the basics of imprinting (i.e. screening, embossing vs. debossing, etc.) and there's a lovely training video that I just know I'm going to get to watch if I'm hired, even though I've heard it about 3 times already. Woo-hoo. I guess if that's the worst they do to me, I'll be happy. Did I mentioned the catered breakfasts every Friday morning? And this week, it's casual dress Thursday AND Friday. I don't think the people there have any idea how good they've got it. No massage therapist on staff, but maybe I'll have to make a few suggestions once I've gotten a paycheck or two. Hmmm.....excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home