Sunday, July 21

Hello all!
This weekend has been jam-packed. Friday night we just chilled at out pad, enjoying tasty gin, so-co, and Ting. We are old, and had to wake early Saturday morning to join UPB's family in an excursion to the Madison Farmers' Market. Now... I'm sure you all know how much love we have for said event, but unbeknownst to us, in was also State St.'s sidewalk sale. We could have spent much time and money in Mad-town that day, but it was warm, and it is exhausting to be the favorite play-mate of a five-year-old. We ended up getting carrots, a few savories like garlic, etc, and some jam. Mmm... jam. We ate at Noodles and then got the crap out of town. We didn't, however, get to Oshkosh until several (3? 4?) hours later because Mr. K thought it would be fun to take the Merrimac ferry home. Now, I haven't looked at a map, but due to several detours along the way, I think we were at the Dells. Not exactly on the way home. And there was the storming. I love thunderstorms. Usually. And these were cool, but we were on roads originally made by, near as I could tell, mountain goats. And seeing was becoming difficult. All in all it was a good time, but I was very happy to be home.
Speaking of weather, I hope Shirley is pleased at the results of his taunting the sun. Dumb-ass. Even I'm hot now... thanks.
Today we dined at the OCB in FDL (tee-hee) with my grandma, bro, and dad to celebrate my grandma's birthday. We had to wait to be seated. I've never had that happen before. Very strange. It was nice and filling. And I don't know how they make their cheesecake, but I sure do like it.
And the news all of you have been waiting for.... I'm still waiting to hear if I got the job at B'Gosh. Now, "still waiting" is a bit unfair, since it's only been 2 non-business days since my interview, but I was told Friday that I should know by Tuesday. Lickity-split. I think the interview went fairly well. I feel qualified for the position, the people that interviewed me were nice, so... fingers crossed people.
And now that screen savers is over and I've seen all there is to see of the TMBG appearance there-on (which I actually only view 1/3 of) we are off to the boys' house for dee-nar. And yes, I'm counting on my sweater still being there from last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home