Friday, February 7

I have a problem. You see, I have today off so that we gals can jet off to the big twin cities for Women's Weekend part III (I think). It will prove to be a good time, I'm sure. So what's the problem, you ask. Well.... it's my day off. And I woke up at 6 AM. Now, that is just not right. I laid in bed and twiddled my thumbs - I said my THUMBS, perverts - and then decided the best course of action would be to try to go back to sleep. Which I did, mostly. Until 7:30ish. Now, on a normal day, a day when I actually have to be somewhere in the morning, I can't seem to drag my ass out of bed. Today, it's all bright and shiny me, even before the sun came up. I don't get it. Oh well... now I can get a jump on packing and whatnot. Plus, I was able to see hubby off for his adventure to Mad-town for the thrifting goodness. Good-luck change in pocket, I'm sure he'll come back with some wonderful surprises.
On a different note, I somehow managed to lose my cd case, filled with things that I enjoy listening to in the car. I am muy sad-o. I'm fairly certain that nearly all of the contents are also owned by people I know (with CD burners), so if you all wouldn't hate me too much, I might be asking for favors shortly. The only thing I think I'm screwed on is the Edwin Collins, because the only other person I know who likes him is UPB, and when we consolidated CDs we sold the extra copy. Damn the luck. Damn it!
No news on the promotion front, except that they've gotten in external applications, and one internal app, but that person withdrew it. And I guess my boss has been asked about it from some people around the office, but she's "telling it to them like it is" read: discouraging them to apply. "well, we work our asses off, and you have to be away from home for two weeks twice a year, and we never leave at 4:30..." Now, all those things are true, and many people don't actually like to work hard (I'd like to think that I'm one of them), but I'm not sure if they're enough to keep people from applying. So far, seems that they are. I have to say I'm a little surprised the other people in my position haven't applied. Meaning CB. I don't know how much longer she's going to last. She seems more miserable every day. I almost feel sorry for her. Until she starts talking. Then, not so much. What's terrible is that I know if she did apply, my boss would tell me, just so we could share a laugh. *evil* Got to love that. At anywho rate, I should know more by the end of next week, the application deadline is the 10th or 12th... Keep your fingers crossed for me!
And now to sort laundry and get packing. Oh, and clean myself. It's a long car ride, and I want Mother and OP and Mother's sis to still like me once we get there. I hope we don't have to eat those odd Minnesotan potato-filled pasta things for every meal again. Not that they weren't good, for dinner, but they really aren't breakfast food in my book. I understand I tend to be particular about my breakfast food. But then, you all knew that. But a bell? That's just fucked up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home