Thursday, February 13

You know I don't do the forwards of the e-mails much, and instead just post the funny here. Well, today I got something that I wanted to forward that wasn't funny, and I guess instead I'll post it here instead, too. Sorry for the serious, but sometimes, well... here:
As you may be aware, the US Postal Service recently released its new "Fund the Cure" stamp to help fund breast cancer research. The stamp was designed by Ethel Kessler of Bethesda,Maryland. It is important that we take a stand against this disease that kills and maims so many of our mothers, sisters, friends.
Instead of the normal $0.37 for a stamp, this one costs $0.40. The additional $0.03 will go to breast cancer research. A "normal" book costs $7.40. This one is only $8.00. It takes a few minutes in line at the Post Office and means so much.

If all stamps are sold, it will raise an additional $35,000,000 for this vital research. Just as important as the money is our support. What a statement it would make if the stamp outsold the lottery this week. What a statement it would make that we care.
I urge you to do two things TODAY:

1. Go out and purchase some of these stamps.
2. E-mail your friends to do the same.
Many of us know women and their families whose lives are turned upside-down by breast cancer. It takes so little to do so much in this drive. We can all afford the $0.60.
Please help & pass it on.

There. I even took the >>>s out for you. I know it's a little (ok - a lot) cheesy, but I didn't write it. It must be the day to think about boob health, because I also got this link for free mamograms for the poor today, which you should click on. Notice at the top of the page that you can also do lots of other good things, just by clicking. Feed a child, or a dog...save the rainforest. Wow the internet is neat. You can be an activist without even leaving your monitor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home