Sunday, June 27

I ain't got no car-hole

Which is to say... I am very fancy. I had dinner at a country club last night with Mr. Plinko, up in the Green Bay area. I was menaced by deer on our round-about way there (we got a little lost - mostly my fault), so the trip took a little longer than expected (me, white-knuckled and driving 25 in a 35 cuz there were trees and turns and twists and man, I should have known better than to drive out in the sticks during twilight).
Anyway, Plinko, Vyv and I arrived unscathed, and I had a nice big piece of beef. Technically, it was a very nice, small piece of beef, but that doesn't sound very Brak-y. The place was pretty - the kind of place that makes you want to brush up on your Ms. Manners etiquette - but really not stuffy or anything. We got there awfully late, so by the time we left we were the only table left. (There was only one other when we got there, to be fair.) I don't expect that's the norm, though.
We drove past some incredible homes on our way there... mini mansions, really. It begs the questions: who the hell can afford all of these? and when do I see my piece of this money-pie? Somehow I'm not convinced my current career path has me on-track to be moving up to that neighborhood ever, let alone any time soon.
Oh well... back to my poverty. I'm going to try to get some things organized for the garage sale. *sigh*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garage sale? When at?

9:30 PM  
Blogger Velveteen said...

As far as I know the garage sale is July 24, I believe.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home