Monday, March 10

I'm not just writing more to prove that I am not a liar, but because I do, in fact, have things that didn't go quite my way today. #1 - I worked for 3 1/2 hours yesterday afternoon; I'm still behind
#2 - I swear I heard Sharon trying to tell my boss good things that I could 'start with' for costing (little bits here and there, to get ready for the big promotion) and they were all her items, which would not take any of the pressure off of my boss, even a little. Now, I could have misheard, she may have been talking about things the new person under her could take on, but said new girl will probably take a while getting up to speed with the things that actually are her responsibilities, without S dumping on more right away. Grrr. Also, S tried to scare me off of the promotion Friday. I said that I wasn't sure which day of the weekend I'd be coming in, but that I knew it wouldn't be both, because I feel like it's ok to need one day off a week. "Well, you won't get that when you're a buyer. You'll be working every day. 7 days a week. Every week. We don't get days off." As it happens, she is the only buyer, of any rank, that is there every weekend. And who brings work home with them every night. She must just be slow. I'm not scared. Nanny nanny boo boo!
#3 - Babs is an insane person. She wants samples of a chunk of the holiday '03 line here no later than March 31st. Umm.... that's never, ever going to happen. I'm putting that out there right now. Nope. Sorry. Artwork isn't decided for half of it ("oh, that's ok, it can come in without art, we understand"....March 31st: "where the hell is the artwork?? we can't sell this stuff like this!!" -- my little prediction). Sample orders are being placed today, tomorrow, and who knows how many days after that. Sample fabric may or may not be done. There are many, many issues standing in the way of this happening. But I'm sure everything will be just fine...
Have I mentioned how cool smoking is?
*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home