Tuesday, July 6

Slacky McNoPoster

Sorry for my blog absence as of late. Actually, I haven't really been on the computer too much, apart from getting Mother's b-day present ready, so there you go.
As most of you know, I've been a bit (or a lot, really) under the weather. I take my last dose of antibiotics tonight, so if I'm not doing better tomorrow I guess it's back to the doc for me some time during the day. The only problem with that plan is the insanity at work will most likely keep me tied to my chair.
In happy news, my boss had a beautiful baby girl yesterday. I know she's beautiful cuz Plinko & I took a long lunch to go see them at the hospital. I don't think I've ever held such a new baby. It was really quite something. And my boss is so inspiring... given that she hasn't had more than 2 straight hours of sleep in the last 36 or 48 or so, she really seemed in great spirits, and way more put together than I imagine I would be in the same situation.
Of course, this means that I'm sort of on my own for a while at work, and there are some problems that I've inheritted that just refuse to die. It's making me a bit crabby. Luckily, our team scored an assistant about a month ago who really knows what she's doing (she started the same day I did in the department), so I think that'll take a lot of the pressure off of me. I feel really really strange asking her to do stuff for me since, you know, she's been with the company longer and has been trying to get promoted for quite awhile, but I don't think I can make it through the next three months if I don't, so I'm trying hard to get over it. Besides, the more stuff she does, the sooner she can get promoted (which she deserves), so that's good... again, I just need to get used to having some help. My boss's absence meant that I get a ton of her product, and had to give up some of my own to balance things out. That makes me feel extra strange, to have someone else (who I don't feel very good about) responsible for "my" category. Seems I can't hold onto any product long before it's given to someone else. :P
Ok... I don't have much else, and I don't feel so hot, so I'm going to go peruse the other blogs and then head to bed.
If you're interested, I spent most of the night knitting. That damn blanket is NOT getting any bigger. It's like some kind of sick joke. If it weren't such a cute pattern I'd just start some other design with some massive needles and whip the thing out, but no...I had to pick this one. I guess I like pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home